Friday, September 08, 2006

High Tech Running Geek

Image from www.appleinsider.com

This is the gadget that many tech geek runners cannot stop praising. I don't want this to become an advertising page for Nike but this ingenious pairing of Nike fit lifestyle and Apple technology is incredibly useful.

Essentially, the device is a pedometer and received that hooks into your ipod Nano to track your distance, time, pace and calories all while listening to your favorite tunes including a POWERSONG which you can access at the push of a button to give yourself an extra kick in the pants.

What I love is that once you finish your run... you can upload your stats to the nike+ website and track your progress against goals you've set for yourself and challenges you can create with other nike+ runners.

I am in the 6th week of a Couch to 5k running program I found on the cool running website. Being able to track my progress has been a great incentive for me to stick with the program even though I am feeling very slow. My second run of the week was on Thursday. It was a 5 minute warm up followed by ten minutes of running, a three minute brisk walk and another ten minutes of running followed by a five minute cool down. (you can work the program by distance too but it's easier to set the intervals on my ironman watch. Anyway... thursday's run looked like this:



As I noted, I am not very fast but this is a pretty good start for me I think.

Tomorrow morning is my longest run yet: 25 minutes or 2.25 miles. Since I be slow I may not make the exact mileage but I will give it my best. Will post those results tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home