Saturday, September 09, 2006

Longest Run and Best Mile to Date!


So today was my second flat out run using the cool running Couch to 5k (C25k) training program. The first run was last week for 20 minutes... I did not do to well and had to repeat that day on Tuesday and did fine. Today, was simply amazing. My concerns that I would be too slow to hit 2.25 miles were unfounded as you can see my the graph. I actually did 2.29!!

I am looking back at when running for 3 minutes was hard and thinking "Goodness! Did I really just run 8 times longer than I could a few weeks ago?! AMAZING!" I am looking forward to just straight running from here on out. Reminding myself to continue to take it easy.

I had a couple of revelations this time out:
1) I hit my stride/rhythm right off the bat which was good even though I lost it a couple of times, I was able to get right back.

2) I used to think that running long distances was supposed to be easy, that nothing was going to pang or be uncomfortable. Now, I am beginning to think that it is more about willing yourself past that place in your brain that says, "you know, you can stop now, right?" I was tempted to slow to a walk in a couple of places... but instead I just slowed up, breathed deeper and kept going. I kicked out the last minute too and realize that I can actually kick out for TWO minutes. YAY!

The next couple of days are rest days for me. It will be torture but I have three days of 25 minute runs to look forward to next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home