Saturday, October 14, 2006

Back on the Block

I've been caught up in life stuff... too distracted to blog and unfortunately, my running also suffered for a couple of weeks but this past week I was able to get it back in gear. Finished the Couch to 5k running program I started at the end of July today. YAY! It was a challenge but I actually managed to do a personal best mile at 9:54 min. Not bad for a smoker. The run had it's good moments and NOT so good moments... it looked like this:



Up next for me is the addition of a short "easy" run of about 1.6 miles and getting ready for my first ever race: a 5k fun run/walk to benefit a local hunger organization whose work I admire. It's GREAT to be able to suit two purposes... to do my first ever race and support a great cause.

I have had a revelation of late. My downtime from running coincided with some hard life stuff that is still resolving itself. I realized that a good part of the feelings I was having could have been ameliorated somewhat if I had been running more. I need to come back to read this blog to remember next time things get rought. RUNNING IMPROVES YOUR OUTLOOK ON MANY LEVELS!

If you folks are out there reading this, remember that... LOL... and let me know you passed through, would ya?!

FRG

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Absolutely awesome blog and very heartfelt post. You are right, running helps you (and me) to put things into perspective in so many aspects of our lives.

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. I hope to hear from you to see how your running has been going. Rock on and run on!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home